Paging Dr. Tu. Paging Dr. Tu.




In November little 4-year-old Willem got pneumonia.  His mommy took him to see one of his pediatricians, Dr. Wan (pronounced like wôn, rhymes with yawn).  Our kids go to a clinic and usually see another doctor, but Dr. Wan is our 2nd most visited doctor for when we can’t see Dr. Keller. 

A few years ago, I was talking about Dr. Wan to a co-worker and she thought I said “Juan” and asked if he was a good doctor.  I said Dr. Wan was a she, and my co-worker was a little confused.  I got it though, realized the gender confusion and told her Wan was the last name, not the fist.

Anyway…we had to come back a few days later to get new chest x-ray to see how the anti-biotics were working.  We saw Dr. Wan again as it’s a good idea to see the same doctor in cases like this.  Dr. Wan came in and Willem asked, “Where is Dr. Two?”  I was embarrassed, this whole time he had been hearing her name as “One”.  Dr. Wan smiled.  “Actually, in medical school my best friend was Vietnamese, I’m Chinese.  My best friend was Dr. Tu.  People would say here comes One-Two!”

Willem’s chest x-rays looked much better.  He got over the pneumonia quickly.  She didn’t answer the question though, where is Dr. Tu?




Comments