The Greatest Evil 11



Some days later, Crom and Aparthie walked through the royal garden.  Aparthie loved the flowers it was where she was most comfortable.  Crom knew this and chose this location for his proposal, his mind was vacant though as to how he would do so.  Sensing a certain urgency in Crom, Aparthie attempted to remedy his demeanor, “’Tis a wonderful to be about for a walk, my Lord.”  She took his hand into hers and smiled.  Crom looked down at their hands for a moment and shrugged.  He looked back into her eyes, “My brother had deep feelings for you, Aparthie.  But he realized those feelings were not returned and so he left.  Before he left, I swore to him an oath, which I mean to keep,” he fell silent for a brief moment which seemed like an eternity, “do you ever think of marriage, Aparthie?”
                “It. . . it crosses my mind from time to time,” she replied attempting to hide her anxious feelings.
                “And what do you see when it crosses your mind?”
                “I see a man I love, more than life itself, in a palace much like this one.”
                The young man looked into her beautiful eyes once more but just cannot muster up true feelings of love other than that for a sister, but he marched on, “Such a beautiful dream.  Aparthie, my duties to the people of this realm demand that I take a wife.  I would have you as that wife, if you will allow it.”
                This was the happiest moment in her life since Crom discovered her in that cold cave.  She smiled so broadly it made Crom feel sick to his stomach.  He loved her so much that it hurt to do this to her, she deserved somebody that honestly loved her, but he smiled back.  A lone tear fell down her soft cheek.  Crom knew that many more would follow in the future, their future.  She dutifully said to him, “Anything for you, my Lord.”  She leaned her head on his shoulder and smiled.  She never wanted to let go of him again. 


###

More Greatest Evil

Comments